July 7, 2017

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

It is official. Fourth of July is now one of my favorite holidays.

I feel like I have neglected it my whole life. Possibly not realized how fun and memorable this holiday can be.

We made plans to spend the long weekend at our family condo on the lake with no real agenda. It was four full days of family time, boat rides, patio time and good eats.

Both of our children are fish but Clara is beyond brave! It makes me a tad nervous but in the same sense very excited to have a water baby. She hates being in the raft we bought her. She wants to float, kick her legs, put her face in the water and even be dunked. She l-o-v-e-s the water y'all. I think it is time for swim lessons for both babies!

We spent a great deal of time at the pool. Pool time looks so different these days. We take turns chasing Clara and swimming with Skip. Skip is such a strong independent player. You don't have to do much to entertain him. I absolutely love seeing his imagination come to life. While I adore this time in life, don't think I don't reminisce on the days when we sat by the pool reading, taking naps and having lighthearted conversations.

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

These two had the best time in the pool together! A few times during our stay, I would take Toots back to the condo for nap time and Daddy + Skip stayed to swim. It makes me happy. Putting this picture on the official it is time to print out new pictures list.

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

This is a picture of Clara telling me that I am smothering her and that I am no longer a cool mom. Totally kidding but she wasn't happy. Again, she wants to swim and not be held.
Our 4th of July at the Lake!

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

One to make you smile. We are really into picking our nose these days. :)
Our 4th of July at the Lake!

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

Our 4th of July at the Lake!

We have a few weekends at home and we are looking forward to this! This is such a memorable time of year friends! Let's enjoy it.

Oh, and happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.