July 14, 2017

30th Birthday Gift Ideas

Is this post a hint? Possibly.

Is Rusty reading this? Hopefully.

Am I turning 30 soon? Definitely!

Guys, 30 feels really exciting for me.

I am thrilled for this new stage in life. It does feel a bit odd and sometimes I still think there is no way I am about to be 30. At times I feel I have been 30 for years. Especially when I talk about gardening or decluttering. While other days I think, let's go out and stay up late and karaoke.

I remember when I was little pretending to be 30, running a hotel (no lie) in New York City with my best friend Laura and being single. I kid you not. My imagination was specific. Yet here I am living in my childhood hometown, married with two babies. Funny how things change.

30 just seems like a good number. We really feel settled. We feel good about this stage of life. We are happy. Growing together and happy.

So yes, turning 30 can be scary but this gal is finding it liberating. Just remind me of this the days leading up to the big day. In fact, it is less than a month away. :)

Y'all, I love taking old and working it in with the new. My house is full of vintage treasures mixed with new pieces. I love taking my time, looking through everything and especially love this dresser.

On my Instagram stories you can regularly see me putting on a good record. Currently, I am dreaming about Fleetwood Mac on vinyl.

This past summer I purchased my first good quality swimsuit from Albion Fit. Ever since then I have been obsessed with trying to pick out my next purchase with this brand. This romper wins!

It is no secret that I love flowers and attempting to garden. Potted plants have been my go to but this late summer/fall I plan to turn one of my vegetable garden beds into a full floral bed. I am looking forward to planning my garden bed and purchasing seeds or blooms. Currently drawing inspiration from these flowers.

I am a classic studs gal. Fun, colorful and sparkly studs but these tassel earrings are making me want to try something different.

For my 29th birthday I purchased my first pair of clogs. Y'all, if I were any shoe personified, it would be a clog. I love them. I wear them with shorts, dresses, jeans, everything. While I love my Lotta's and have worn them religiously, I am wanting to make an investment in a forever pair of clogs. I sound like a little old lady. Ha! These Bryr Emma Clogs are my jam. I l-o-v-e them.

An afternoon baking in the kitchen with Skip sounds so nice! Warm baked goods, a good record and coffee.

Then after baking, sitting down to read a new thriller is ideal. I have heard a handful of people rave about The Couple Next Door.

So hopefully someone is planning to email my family this post. Any takers? :)

What is on your birthday wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.