May 29, 2013

Charming and Intimate Fairhope Engagement Session

Let's start this post by saying that my family didn't really do family vacations. My brother is significantly older so if my mom wasn't tending to me, working 50+ a week or dealing with my older collegiate brother (notice how I said dealing...love you brother) she was sleeping. It was one aspect of my life that I never understood as to why we didn't go until I was old enough to plan my own trips.

I was blessed with grandparents who loved to take me on trips. When I was a little girl my grandparents loaded me up with one of my dear friends and they would take me to the big town of Fairhope, AL. I went two times a year and literally yearned for this city. My grandfather would feed my creative mind by letting me loose with a video camera. I would record my adventures and create shows to record around the Grand Hotel. My best summer memories are at that hotel. Every day I ate chicken stripes with honey mustard, drank strawberry daiquiris, swam in the bay, rode my bike, visited the salon for a new hair do and roamed the large grounds looking for any secret corner to be silly with my friend Emily. I really can remember it all. The smells, the sounds, the food, the sunshine. It sparked my love for nautical decor and sand between my toes. I dream of the day I can take my children and husband there.

You can imagine my big, fat YES when I got this submission from So Life Studios of Alan and Hilary roaming the streets of Fairhope. This city is filled with colorful beach homes and the sound of waves in the bay. I can only imagine how gorgeous this sweet couple's wedding will be. These two have such magical chemistry. I really could look at their images all day long. I am a big fan of Hilary's freckles. Love them! Take a few minutes to go on vacation. You won't regret it!

{From the photographer}
Alan and Hilary will be saying "I do" at Marriott's Grand Hotel in Point Clear, Alabama this fall. They made a quick trip into town for us to snap their engagement portraits. We spent an hour walking the streets of the quaint town of Fairhope and ended the session on a pier on Mobile Bay.


















{Vendors} Photographer: So Life Studios / Submission: Two Bright Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.