November 19, 2012

Wedding Highlight: Rachel and Shaun


A few weeks ago, one of my dearest friends got married. Rachel, who you have seen around these parts a time or two here and here, gave me so many opportunities with this wedding. She let me Skype with her weekly and drive her nuts with wedding details. She let me turn her into a blogger for this post here. She let me cut streamers and hunt around vintage shops for the correctt decor. She let me host a bridal brunch full of big hats and tea. I had so much fun planning her wedding. And when I say she let me, it was more like I begged her to give me stuff to do and she kept asking me if I was sure and had not gone a tad mental.

I also got the biggest honor of all by being her matron of honor. To say it was an honor is an understatement. The weekend had finally come but suddenly our plans changed. I haven't shared many details and probably will not for a long while but Rusty's Dad passed away unexpectedly. It was pure shock and most days still is. It is hard. It is sad. It is not fair but here we are. Without hesitation Rachel and Shaun, dropped all their wedding weekend plans and dreams to help us. Who does that? These two are seriously so giving.  When I met Rachel to decorate her bridal brunch, she held me while we cried together. I really do not think she knows how much that means to me or how much I needed those 5 minutes to just cry with my best friend. I was trying so hard to stay strong for my husband that I hadn't realized I wasn't grieving.

Throughout the planning process with Rachel, I told her I would do what I can with filming. I had a full plate with her wedding but I cannot go to a wedding and not film or fix a train or stuff lip gloss in my pockets for the brides touch ups later. She never pressured me. It was a BIG first filming in a bridesmaid dress. It was 100% new and interesting and I think half of the wedding party plus family saw more than they bargained for.

I wanted to share a few pictures of their big day but I also have their highlight.












Rachel and Shaun's wedding was a break from the chaos that Rusty and I needed (he was also a groomsmen). We were surrounded by family and friends. I never want Rachel or Shaun to think that their wedding marks sadness. Where we lost one life, we got to celebrate another. A new start. A new marriage. A new happiness. And I know Randy would have wanted it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.