May 10, 2012

Lovebird Spotting: Cris and Jerry

I can't tell you how excited I am to introduce you to today's fabulous couple. Most of you may know Cris of Kiss My Tulle but today you get to know her a bit more. Cris and I became friends through the fabulous groups TWIPS. More on our blates (bloggers dates) here and here. We are both bridal bloggers and we both live in the Texas Hill Country. It is funny how quick we hit it off. We hugged at our first meeting and I have been calling her my lover ever since. She has introduced me to a few flea markets, Spring Branch, hole in the wall restaurants, breakfast tacos (veggie style) and ways to be a better blogger. I am so lucky to call this lady my friend. Yeah, I could talk about how great Cris is forever.

You can imagine my surprise when she asked me to be her videographer. Actually, she kindly asked whether I wanted to be a guest or film her big day. I have never had a friend ask that and it just shows the kind of heart she has. Also Cris knows the importance of wedding videos which has been extremely helpful. Not that all brides do not know that but Cris has been so encouraging in what I love to do. I have cut strips of fabric, painted plates and thrift shopped for her big day. I am so excited!

Cris and Jerry are one of a kind. She is sassy and he just laughs at her. It is the perfect pair. Five minutes around these guys and you want to be friends with them for life. I know their big day will be intimate, sweet, moving and just plain fun. Meet Cris and Jerry:


1. Tell me how you two met.

Actually, my dad introduced us. I was living in LA and my mom started emailing me about this guy and how she loved him and wished he'd marry my (crazy) older sister so he could be a member of our family. I ignored her. Then I went home for Christmas and my dad introduced me to this guy, The Boy. He was wearing a hot pink feather boa and dancing with my (then 8 year-old) little sister to "High School Musical." I thought he was totally gay.

Later, I moved back to Alaska to help my parents remodel a rental house for… The Boy. My dad strong-armed us into going out on a date. We had a great time and have been together ever since.


2. How was your first date? What did you do?

Our first date was traditional. He picked me up and we drove an hour to the nearest town (rural Alaska, y'all) for dinner at The Cookie Jar. Then we went to the now defunct Silver Spur, a country bar. That was it. We mostly talked and I thought he was nice.

3. What is your favorite memory as a couple?

We are baseball fanatics (he's Texas Rangers, I'm Boston Red Sox). Every year we drive to Arlington and go to a Red Sox and Rangers game. I have photos of us from every year and plan on displaying them at our wedding. We love this tradition so much that it is one of the themes of our engagement session AND we're already planning on when we take our children with us!


4. How did he propose?

It's actually gross and not work safe (think middle-aged, naked people).

5. Details about your wedding. Date, color scheme, theme, location…

It's at our home in the Texas Hill Country on May 26, 2012. I'm modeling it after the Sunday summer parties that my grandma loved to throw in her backyard when I was a kid. Lots of quilts to lay on, lots of yard games, lots of simple but elegantly presented food, everyone still in their church clothes. I loved it and I'm using those memories as my "mood board". I'm making a quilt from scraps for the ceremony, the ring pillow is faux quilted, the tables are made from old palettes, I'm collecting mismatched white plates from thrift stores for the buffet, and we're serving fried chicken. Very simple, very pretty, very us.

And lastly Cris' advice:

It cannot be said enough. At the end of the day, a wedding IS JUST A PARTY. The ceremony is about a marriage. That doesn't mean that you can't have fun and want pretty things but keep it all in perspective.

Warning: Their pictures are amazing





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.