March 1, 2012

Lovebird Spotting: Lindsey and Joseph

I am beyond excited to introduce you to my March 17th couple! Warning: Lindsey is gorgeous. 100% naturally beautiful. Lindsey contacted me a few months ago about filming her wedding. From the beginning she has been so sweet and a lot of fun! We met in a round about way. She is friends with two of my sorority sisters and we met years ago when I was still a tot in college. Fast forward to now when my friends passed along my information and Lindsey contacted me. I couldn't more excited about filming her big day!

As I was pulling this post together I began reading her answers to my bridal interview questions. Her and Joseph have something special. After you read their story you will be just as smitten by these two and excited about their future as I am. Normally I wait to show you the pictures last but my goodness this couple is just too pretty. I thought I would sneak one in sooner.


1. Tell me how you two met.

We actually credit our little sisters. They were in the 6th grade, best friends, and had been scheming for some time to get us together. It didn’t really work out as soon as they’d hoped; Joseph was in school at Fayetteville and I had a boyfriend but they never gave up. Joseph moved to Jonesboro, things ended between myself and the other guy, and their plan began to unfold as they’d hoped. My mom and little sister, Madelyn, had been at the mall one Saturday, looking for a sixth grade graduation dress. I met up with them a few hours into their shopping and began venting to my mom about the terrible morning I’d had. In the middle of my rant, Madelyn suddenly needed some new shoes from Gearhead Outfitters, a local outdoor clothing store, where Joseph just happened to work. Since Mom and Madelyn had been at the mall, Madelyn knew that Joseph was working that day and pulled the “I need some new shoes” just to get me in the store with Joseph. Needless to say, it worked. We struck up a conversation, realizing that we’d actually had a class together and had never spoken. I ended the conversation by saying that I had to get back to shopping with my family and that I was frantically searching for some wedges. Of course, Joseph didn’t know what I was talking about and so asked what wedges were. I told him that they were just a type of shoe, he wished me luck on finding them, and we said “goodbye,” without him asking for my number!!! I found my wedges a couple hours later and wanted to give him another chance to get my number, so I went to his store to show him what wedges were and thankfully he asked for my number that time. A few days into dating, he confessed that that he’d felt like kicking himself for not asking for my number the first time I was in the store but was glad I was concerned about his not knowing what a wedge was, in turn, giving him another chance. Just a few weeks later, we attended our little sisters’ sixth grade graduation together, as a couple, and I wore my new wedges!

2. How was your first date? What did you do?

He took me out to dinner but we never ate! We ended up talking through dinner, neither one of us wanting to be rude to begin eating while the other one was talking. So we got our food to-go and rented a movie. We ended up talking through the movie, as well, and until 4am! We both knew after the first date that we’d found our “one!”

3. What is your favorite memory as a couple? 

We had only been together for one month when Joseph left for an entire month. He’d had this NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School) trip planned months before we met. According to me, he went to Wyoming to climb a mountain and live outside for a month with very little food and no bathing. But it was a mountaineering course (Joseph is very outdoorsy- which I LOVE!) that he’d wanted to do for years and absolutely loved it. We both had doubts while he was gone, as there was no way for us to communicate during that month, that we would still like one another when he came back. But our favorite memory as a couple, besides the proposal, was the night he returned and we saw each other in the airport. We both knew at that moment that our feelings had only grown stronger for one another and we were so happy to see each other!

4. How did he propose?

It was all a total surprise to me. He told me that we were going on a date and how to dress because we would be outside, but that was all that he told me. He’s very romantic and has always taken me on new, adventurous dates and weekend getaways, so I didn’t think any thing about it. It was just another Saturday date to me. Which is why I didn’t understand Joseph’s stress level that Saturday morning when it was raining outside. I kept telling him, “It’s not a big deal, I’m sure it will stop by this afternoon, and if it doesn’t, we can just do something else.” HAHA! He took me to Memphis to the Dixon Gardens, which is a lovely, large botanical garden-like place with a museum. There was a symphony playing that night in the gardens and he’d packed a picnic for us, which I so obliviously thought he’d just thrown together last minute. He kept trying to get me walk around the gardens with him, but I told him several times that I was really hungry and those stuffed olives were just too good to put down! I ate for so long, that my legs ended up falling asleep, so we had to wait for my legs to regain feeling before we ventured out into the gardens. This particular night was evidently a family-friendly night as there were hundreds of kids running around throughout the gardens. I later found out that he had tried several times during our walk to propose but then a kid would pop up! When we finally had some privacy, he finally proposed, as two little girls were taking turns peeking around a tree. I didn’t believe it was actually happening because we’d had several talks about how we would wait until we were finished with school and had “big people” jobs and I’m still in school. So as he was proposing, I just kept saying, “Are you serious? I don’t believe it! No way!” over and over. I can’t tell you any thing he said to me that day but we were both crying and I said “Yes!”

5. Details about your wedding. Date, color scheme, theme, location…

We are getting married at First United Methodist Church in Jonesboro, AR and our reception will be at the Cooper Alumni Center on Arkansas State University’s campus. It just happens to fall on St. Patrick’s Day but it is the weekend before my spring break in school and we are going on our honeymoon during spring break. My bridesmaid’s dresses are a light sage green (not intentionally) and my flowers will be all white. We are pretty traditional, so our decorations will reflect that. But we did decide to have a little fun with our wedding date being St. Patty’s Day and will be having a green cake!

And lastly Lindsey's advice:

Get addresses for invitations from your families really early. That was the only thing that really stressed me out- having a lot of new addresses still coming in within one month before the wedding and having to print envelopes, put the invitations together, and send them out so late (I felt). Otherwise, it is just such a special time so enjoy planning! It really does fly by. Also, let other people help that offer to help. So many of my friends and their family had connections to people and things (decorations, florist, cake baker, etc.) I would have never known about had I not talked to them about all my plans. They all made planning so much easier on me! 

I know. She is wonderful. I love her spirit! Just reading these questions and answers lets you see just how happy Joseph and Lindsey are and how much they cherish their relationship. I know I brag all the time about having fabulous brides and Lindsey fits right in! I cannot wait for their big day! Their engagement pictures were taken by the talented Liz Boren of Simply Stated Photography.












And my favorite....

Photo Source: Liz Boren via Simply Stated Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.