July 18, 2017

Clara June Turns One!


When I was pregnant with Skip, all I could think about was having a sweet baby girl. I just knew that I would be an outstanding girl mom. I thought for sure Rusty would spend his life with all women.

Then we opened the envelope and it was a boy. Total and utter shock.

A boy was never on my radar. Like, at all.

What do you do with a boy? What do boys even like? What do they wear? How do I change a boy diaper? Just to name a handful of thoughts that crossed my mind.

When we became pregnant a second time (not planned and a huge shock), from the start I was 100% confident it was a girl.

In fact a friend commented on Clara's nike shorts the other day to which I replied, "I bought those for her before we even knew we were having a girl." That is how sure I was.

We planned to do our gender reveal (just Rusty, Skip and I) at home but due to Rusty being delayed getting home from a business trip I had to wait another 24 hours for the surprise. Utter suspense and slight irritation with Rusty. Hey, just being honest.

When we threw that confetti, well you can see my overjoyed reaction here. God was faithful.


Clara June turned one a few weeks ago and it was such a great day. We thought our family was complete with Skip but little did we know that we needed this firecracker.

Clara loves everything that her brother has. She already has an obsession with shoes (honestly, she didn't get this from me). She wakes up talking and smiling. She loves to dance and adores music. She will eat practically anything you give her. She sleeps like a champ (from the beginning - praise the Lord)! She is hysterical and 10 minutes around her every knows why we call her Toots. She is a handful in the best way.

Clara June, may you never change baby girl. You are such a blessing. You make everyone happy. You make everyone laugh. You make everyone feel loved. You are our bright light!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.