January 26, 2015

66 Day Journey


Well here it is. A new idea that came to me after reading this article here.

Two of the biggest personal goals that I have for 2015 is to spend more time reading my bible and making fitness a part of my every day routine. I struggle. I will be honest about that. I have 1.2 million excuses for both areas of my life like my schedule is never the same each day, I am too tired, it won't make a difference but I am really wanting to commit to these two things.

The reason that I am stuck on implementing more of God's word and fitness is because when I do go through my spurts of both things in my every day life I am beyond happy, healthy and the person I aspire to be. I feel better altogether.

It baffles me that two things that make me abundantly happy are not constants in my life. I don't want to have spurts of faith and fitness. I want a lifestyle change that incorporates these two.

So after reading this article, it sparked a challenge:

According to Charles Duhigg, author of “The Power of Habit,” habits are not born, but created. Every bad, good or insignificant habit starts with a psychological pattern called a “habit loop.” Duhigg reported, the “habit loop” is a three-part process. 

1 // The first step is the trigger that tells your brain to let a certain behavior unfold. 

2 // The second step is the behavior itself or the routine it creates. 

3 // The third step is the reward, or “something that your brain likes that helps it remember the ‘habit loop’ in the future.” 

Once working out and reading God's word are formed habits in my every day life they are hard to break. We naturally begin doing these new habits without realizing it. Wouldn't that be nice? So where is the challenge?

According to a recent survery it takes around 66 days to either develop a new habit or drop an old one. While I could attempt to add other things to my list I am sticking with faith and fitness. Look, I even created a hashtag to document this project. I mean is it really a thing without a hashtag? Follow it here on Facebook and Instagram with #66dayjourney.

Want to join me? I would love for you too. A thing that you either want to stop doing or begin for 66 days. I am excited to try this and document my experience. I hope to blog, photograph and share more on my journey to faith and fitness.

Good luck loves!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.