January 20, 2015

2015 Aspirations // Not Resolutions

katiefarrin.com

I am done with resolutions. They seem to carry me into about five days of the New Year before I fall off the resolution train. No train crash this year.

And yes I do realize that this post is coming to you mid-January. Honestly, I make no apologies for that. I am finding that with a new babe that if I want to do something full thought then I need longer amounts of time. I didn't want to rush my resolutions aspirations. I wanted to pray, journal, ponder, talk out all the things I hope to accomplish.

I am working on goals and aspirations that will take work. Work that makes me feel good and challenged and rewarded. Shall we?

{Personal Goals}
//1// Finding and developing my ministry: This one has been on my heart for a while and I have even blogged about it in the past. What makes a ministry? Size? Value? Importance? Mission? I am wanting to find a ministry that I make personal and personal for others. I know my ministry starts with encouragement but what else does it involve?

//2// Read Bible + learn scripture: While I have been reading my bible for years, I feel the scripture doesn't always stick. I want to be able to face a situation (good and bad) with a verse on my heart. Retaining God's word is becoming so important to me. From doodling his promises to quoting a comforting word to a friend, I need his word imprinted on my heart.

//3// Pay off debt: Lame but true. Rusty and I are getting there and have accomplished so much. I want it gone, done, finished, complete.

//4// Less social media: Less social media and time online. I need more time present. I am learning it is okay to not post everything or capture that image. Social media is a blessing and a struggle. Balance is key and following the stop the scroll action.

//5// Travel to two new states + two new cities: Rusty and I have talked about traveling more and using our money on experiences rather than material things. I really want to teach my husband how to ski so hopefully we can make this happen sometime this year. I dream of one day traveling the California coast. I hope to visit two new cities and two new states with my family in tow.

{Business Goals}
//1// Learn Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign: I can remember fresh out of college when I worked at a website company publishing content. While I loved writing I wanted to learn how to design too. I am finding that the challenge is in creating fresh, new ideas plus learning how to design. I want to create in a new aspect through design and sharper images. I am happy to report I am already accomplishing this list item and loving it!

//2// Invest in a nice camera: I put this under business goals thus it will be 100% personal images. I would love your suggestions. Cannon? Nikon? Lenses?

//3// 2-3 blog posts a week: Why yes, it is mid-January and I haven't blogged much at all. I guess you can say that my real goal is to write better content more regularly. I cannot wait to share a new project that I am starting in the next few days that will be a two+ month experience. And....it has nothing to do with my child for those who want less baby content. I hear you but he is darn adorable and will still be making an appearance on the blog.

//4// Create paper goods: Favorite quotes, family sayings, motivations. This refers back to #1 but is something I have wanted to do for a while. Nothing for sale, just my hand at creating prints, journal covers and some notecards. My paper obsession is out of control so maybe making things myself will add to the excitement.

//5// One speaking engagement: This absolutely terrifies me because this has been on my heart for years but is now in writing/blogged. That makes it real. Right? :) I want to be able to share more of my ministry, encouraging words and sense to others. Just once.

I have loved reading your resolutions and keeping up with your life changes for 2015. There is nothing magical about January 1st but it is nice to get the gift of a fresh slate. Thank you for reading friends!

Image via Felicia Hausman Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.