August 7, 2014

Revisiting My 33 x 30



Back in 2012 (which seems like ages ago), I got this bright idea to create a list of 33 things I wanted to accomplish by the time I turned 30. You guys know me, I love a list. And more importantly, I l-o-v-e checking things off that list.

With my recent 27th birthday celebrations put to bed I decided to revisit this list. 1. Because I need a refresher. 2. I am that much closer to 30. So here it is, updated, edited and happy. Surprisingly, 95% of this list is still a top priority while one or two things have changed a bit. I may make a change to those but no decision as of yet.

1. Own a tube of bright red lipstick and wear it to a nice party or wedding. My friend Rachel asked me to be her Matron of Honor with a tube of red lipstick. Picture for more and I think I may wear this lovely shade of red today.

2. Run a half marathon. More on that here and here.

3. Start my own business. You can read more about that here.

4. Continue to grow my small business.
Well I did this continually for 2+ years. Paid advertising on my blog and filming over 25 weddings/events. I miss it at times but not that much. For the last video I have edited, click here.

5. Be a mother. September y'all. Should I check it off yet?

6. Own a minivan.

7. Attend Charleston Wine and Food Festival.

8. Rescue another puppy.
Meet Marcy Lynn (originally Maggie Mae.)

9. Learn to play my ukulele.

10. Own a home. We have done this twice actually since the original post (building one and buying another). Here is a peek at our space right now.

11. Travel to New York for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. More here. Can we go again?

12. Attend Bridal Week in New York.

13. Teach Rusty how to snow ski.

14. Spend one holiday serving others. This past Christmas we worked the kitchen at the Salvation Army. My family and I did this growing up but it was so nice to add Rusty to the mix since moving back to my hometown.

15. Own or Wear a pair of Louis Vuitton's for a special occasion.

16. Bungee Jump and/or Jump out of a Plane.

17. Take a spontaneous trip one weekend. This was totally Vegas. It wasn't a weekend but planned literally days before we left. Viva Las Vegas y'all.

18. Drive the California Coast.

19. Be a published author. This happened this year in a magazine publication and it was so cool. Yeah, I still say cool. Thanks Mom for the picture.

20. Be an audience member for Live! with Kelly or Ellen. Ahhh. This totally happened for Live! with Kelly and Michael. More here. Best experience!

21. Travel to Paris.

22. Spend one Christmas on vacation.

23. Celebrate our 5 year anniversary in Hawaii.

24. Be a wedding planner for one wedding.

25. Have one video featured on Style Me Pretty.

27. Move to a new state.  Texas it is. Read more on our adventures here.

28. Visit a Vineyard.

29. Teach an exercise class.

30. Sing in front of a live audience.

31. Be in a play. Small role or Lead role. Either works.

32. Meet John and Sherry from Young House Love. I adore them. I know we would be best friends.

33. Visit all 50 states.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.