May 15, 2014

3 AM


I open my eyes and am wide awake. I glance over at the clock to see it is 3 a.m. No one in bed with me is awake. Just a sleepy husband and one of two puppies that is snoring wedged underneath me. It is quiet and peaceful and still.

I listen to the drum of our ceiling fan and pull the covers up over my shoulders. Tonight is colder than we have seen in a long time. My hip hurts a bit so I roll over to my other side.

3:04 a.m.

Then it hits me. Soon a baby boy will be right next to me sleeping in our pastel green bassinet. A baby boy to feed at 3 a.m. A baby boy to look at and gaze upon his face. A boy to touch and hold and kiss.

3:07 a.m.

The thought of baby boy Farrin warms me inside and out. Soon, very soon.

I close my eyes and picture him.

And soon I am back to sleep again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.