May 16, 2013

Pretty Pink & Vintage California Wedding

Happy Thursday folks! We are so close to the weekend. You can do it! To make Thursday a little sweeter, I am so excited to introduce you to Bryan and Chantel. I love a couple who has such a defined style that when you see their wedding it all fits together. This pair is classic with such gorgeous taste in vintage finds. From the Spanish inspired veil to the chalkboard table numbers, I love this confident and oh so sweet couple. Chantel tells their story so beautifully and you will be surprised to find that this bride didn't even want a wedding. Thank you, thank you to Julie Cahill Photography for gifting us with this charming couple and wedding!

{From the bride}
Bryan and I met early in college at CSU Monterey Bay but lost touch after graduating. It was about 13 years later, when I was looking for possible free field trips for my first grade class that I came across Bryan, who is a pilot for the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI). Thinking it would be great for my students to see the the research institute, the research vessel, and possibly the underwater vehicle he pilots, I messaged him and hoped he remembered me. Fortunately he did; unfortunately my principal vetoed the field trip! As a way to say 'thanks anyway' I asked Bryan out for a beer. We hit it off in a way we didn't expect and have spent the past few years enjoying the sweet surprise that has become our relationship.

Bryan surprised me with a proposal on my favorite hike, the Sobranes Loop in the Garrapata State Park. This was particularly sweet because Bryan had suffered for years with bad hips, a combination of being born with displaced hips and a sky-diving accident from his competition days. He recently recovered from a hip reconstruction as well as a full hip replacement so for him to take on a hike that strenuous was a touching event. He also did it while lugging an enormous backpack filled with a decadent picnic for a very important question. At the summit, the typical Monterey fog had cleared and Bryan clandestinely dropped to one knee and asked to spend a lifetime together. To which, I let out a hysterical yaaawwwp down the mountain side, definitely a yes!

When Bryan proposed, my first question was: "great, what are you doing this afternoon?" See, I didn't want a wedding! I didn't want one. I'm shy, I have a BIG Armenian family, we had a limited budget, I was never the little girl who dreamed of her wedding day. I just didn't want one. It was Bryan who, over several conversations and several glasses of wine, convinced me that a wedding could actually be fun! And it really was!






























































{Vendors} Photographer: Julie Cahill Photography / Floral Designer: Lilify / Equipment Rentals: Alexis Party Rentals / Etsy Designer: Bijoux and Couture / Fashion Designer:Deniz Shop
Dress Store: Epiphany Bridal / Cake Designer: Gidzich Ranch / Event Planner: Grapes of Wrath Catering / Jewelry: Jewelry by Johan / Etsy Designer:Mon Petit Chou Boutique / Submission: Two Bright Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.