April 25, 2012

Wedding Dress Wednesday

Two things to get this post started. First, I am making good on my suggestion here. I am starting to throw in new editions of Wedding Dress Wednesday. Today we are going to cover more bridesmaids dresses. You may think, Oh it is Wednesday. Katie just throws up a handful of images from a designer and calls it a day. False. Totally false y'all. Deciding on which dresses to feature is something that I fret from one Wednesday to the next. With all the gorgeous Spring 2013 lines being released I have to suppress the urge to put up 2,500 photos of wedding gowns. I don't even think that was a dramatic number. That is how many I have just waiting to be published.

My second point with this post is that I think I hit the mother load. On a majority of Wedding Dress Wednesdays I feature a designer and their fabulous duds. For most realistic, budget friendly brides these dresses may be out of your price range. I understand but no matter the cost I do not discriminate against prettiness. Whether it is a $15 thrift find or a $15,000 treasure to be worn 1,000 times to get your money's worth, it will be featured. My numbers are really on point today also. BUT this week I found bridesmaids dresses for less than $100 and no I am not shopping eBay (even though every day I type in JCrew bridesmaids dresses, size 8 -10 in hopes for a thrifty find for Rachel's wedding).

Today I am featuring Ruche Bridal Collection. There to Have and to Hold Collection is so fun! I love the sweet shapes, daring colors, short hems and flirty style of the bridesmaids gowns. They also offer accessories like clutches, jewels, sashes and more. Mai Olivo and Josh Olivo are creative geniuses. Their story is incredible. Read more on that here. What started as a love for affordable fashion turned into a full fledged, successful company. Their vision is to provide vintage clothing with modern touches. Oh and did I mention how reasonably priced these items are? Mai and Josh also wanted affordability to be a reality for all woman. They also have the cutest puppy, Roji. I think this couple and I could be long lost friends. It is refreshing to see a couple who is right there, hands on in the growth of their company. I am amazed by these two! Check out my favorite picks for bridesmaid dresses. Also if any of Rachel's bridesmaids are reading this I may buy the pink dress! ha!

Iris Purple Dress, Price: $52.99

Virburnum Dress, Price: $62.99

Fressia Dress, Price: $72.99

Petunia Dress, Price: $63.99

Orchid Dress, Price: $68.99

Forsythia Dress, Price: $84.99

I still cannot believe how affordable these pretty dresses are. They also have amazing clothes for every occasion! I am so excited to happen upon this fabulous company. Happy day to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Buy the pink dress! LOVE!!! Even if you don't use it for the wedding....buy the pink dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! I so enjoy reading your blog!

    Amy (Rachel's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Forsythia dress! It's so feminine and playful and yet very classy. Looking at these dresses makes me want to wed, or at least become a bridesmaid anytime soon. Great finds!

    t shirt manufacturers

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.