March 2, 2012

Love Song Friday, Volume 43

I am so glad it is Friday. Sometimes during the week I think that this week is moving to quickly and then the next moment is moves a tad to slow. One thing I am excited about is my curly hair. For years I have fought my curls. In high school, I had a huge fro. Correction...frizzy fro. I would blow dry my hair and brush it out. Yeah, not pretty. I remember the day I came to school when the flat iron started becoming popular. People didn't recognize me. The summer before my senior year of college I stopped fighting the constant heat to my hair and started wearing it curly. Now I couldn't picture myself with straight hair.

You know they always say girls with straight hair want curls while girls with curls want straight hair. I can honestly say that use to be true for me but not any more. I love my curls. I am finding that naturally curly hair is more unique than ever. It is also a lot faster to style and go. Even though I love my curls I haven't necessarily styled them correctly. Sometimes I don't have the patience to air dry and end up with a curly fro. Lately I have been reading a lot about taking care of your curls and the perfect way to style them. I have started washing with sulfate free conditioners, applying the plop method and taking a bit more time to air dry. In the last week I have noticed a HUGE different. If you are a curly gal like me, take the time to read this article this weekend. It is so helpful! In a few weeks I will show you just how lovely my curls are.

Love Song Friday time.

Monday: Breaky Break
Tuesday: Reception: Josh and Hillary
Wednesday: Wedding Dress Wednesday
Thursday: Lovebird Spotting: Joseph and Lindsey
Friday: Q & A: How to Change Your Name?

I have to say that last week's Donna Lewis tribute got a lot of positive buzz. I could play a song from the 90's every time. Today I am bringing you a live version of Jason Mraz's Woman I Love. I also included a recorded version if the live version isn't clear enough for your liking.

The reason I love this song is because even though we all like to think we have the perfect relationship, we annoy one another at times. I know that Rusty gets tired of me and I get tired of him. That's marriage friends. But regardless of frustrations, he is the best thing that ever happened to me. This song talks says regardless of what you to do to drive me crazy I love you the same. It is fun and I hope my husband reads today! Happy Friday loves!



1 comment:

  1. Katie! I love this series. I remember the playlist was one of the most difficult things for me. We waited until the last minute, and, in Hindsight, there were some songs I regret letting Hubs include. Thanks for giving brides lovely song ideas every week.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.