March 5, 2012

A Little Family Style Supper

Like the post title? A little different I know. I promise that this post is going to make sense. You just have to stick with me. I might go in a round about way but we will get there, together. How was your weekend? I hope you jumped right into Monday morning with a smile on your face.

This weekend consisted of a lot of outdoor activities for me. One thing that I love about San Antonio is this amazing weather. Sunday the temperatures were perfect so my new best friend/lover Cris of Kiss My Tulle and I wandered to Bussey's Flea Market. Read more on our last adventure here. Cris has told me about Bussey's but I don't think any description she could give would have prepared me. This place was huge. I mean HUGE. We arrived around 10:30 and didn't leave until almost 3. We braved all the people and had such a fun time browsing, bartering and searching out the deals. This flea market had literally everything you could think of. Old cast iron skillet? Yep. They had it. A Few Good Men VHS? Totally had it. Border Collie puppies that were so sweet, lovable and for sale? Check. I wanted one. My husband told me no. I cried. Then I ate ice cream.

I did find an rustic sea foam green iron planter. It is going to look perfect in the entry way of our home. Cris found fabric, an antique Pyrex bowl and the neatest equestrian door ringer thingy. I promise it is way cooler than I just described. I have to say, Bussey's may be my new favorite place. It was fabulous and did I mention that I got an ice cream cone? As in Strawberry with real strawberries mixed in? As in Blue Bell Strawberry? As in good? You with me friends? Sigh. Moving on.

Cris and I took a picture this time to show everyone just how real our love is. ha! I kid but honestly I am so thankful for Cris. She really does brighten my day and is such a funny person. I also got to meet her arm candy, Jerry. He was a hoot. After just a few minutes around them and you can tell just what a perfect match they are. Big fan of Cris and Jerry! Isn't she the prettiest?


A few weeks ago when I participated in the Hill Country Bridal Spectacular (read more on that here) I got to sample tons of goodies. One booth I went straight to was Werner's Catering. They surprised me not only with their delicious samplers but the extensive amount of options to try. They had meats, sauces, different style potatoes and more. It was fabulous!

I picked up one of their pamphlets to learn more about their company. I browsed to the back of the menu and saw that they offered various styles of catering. They offered buffet and plated sit-down style dinner but their was one new style that I had never seen or ever thought to incorporate into a wedding. They had a family style dinner. Genius, I saw!

I would say 98% of couples planning their wedding want their guests to feel cozy, happy and taken care of. Nothing says love and wedding bliss than a family bellying up to the dinner table. Imagine your guests sitting down at their table to eat dinner just like they would at home. I seriously love this idea! Werner's says it best:
The family-style meal service provides a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Just like at home, with this type of service each table will be served with large platters and bowls for guests to help themselves to the desired amount. This service style will allow our staff to serve all your guests at one time, keeping it on your schedule and giving your guests the luxury of not having to stand in line at a buffet.
I am practically throwing this idea at every planning bride I know. This style of dinner is unique, family friendly, intimate and a taste of home. What do you guys think of this style of dinner? Have you attended a wedding like this or thought to incorporate this idea into your reception? Could you imagine a guest saying, "Can you pass the green beans?" It makes me squeal in delight!

I told you that we would make it full circle today. Thanks for coming along with. See you tomorrow sweet peas!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are too cute! Sounds like a great day :) The new blog design looks awesome, by the way! I must have missed it.

    I'm with you, family style is such a cool idea for weddings! I love formal dinners as well, but doing it family style seems so cozy and fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.