March 22, 2012

Blogiversary Week: Where Are You Headed?


Who doesn't love a large photo of me in ridiculous happy birthday sunglasses? I thought these were appropriate for the week we are having here on LBP. Blogiversary week (my husband mocks the term) is important to me. Think about it, I have written a lot. I have covered a lot of topics and there is still so much to go (as in years).

Today I thought I would recap a few things about this past year. When I first started this blog I knew that I wanted to blog about all things wedding. Throughout this past year I started these posts very stiff. I didn't have much direction on blogging but followed what every one else was doing. I would write and then post. No emotion and not much personality. A year later I feel like I am just now finding my voice. I know that I can be funny and be bubbly. I also can show bits of my heart and you still are excepting of me.

I have to be honest. Blogging brings about a lot of emotions. At times, I feel frustrated. Sometimes I am sad. Some days I cannot wait to write while others I feel my inspiration is running dry. Blogging has made my skin tough and my writing improve. People can be so kind and at the same time very bizarre. Today I wanted to cover a few categories and where I hope to take this blog. I am already looking forward to revisiting this post this time next year.

Readers + Posts: I averaged about 25 views a day when I started last year. Each day I continue to grow. Some posts get 500 views while others only get 200. Regardless, people are reading. I am constantly looking for new ways to grow readership. More on that in a minute. Since I started LBP blog I have written a total of 292 posts. Sheesh! With each post I feel a bit more accomplished and headed in the right direction.

Topics: In the beginning I only covered wedding related topics. Over time I have mixed in more real life experiences. I think this has helped my blog be a bit more relatable to brides. It is nice not to read what you should do but do what makes you happy. I hope to continue to mix life, love, happiness and wedding bliss. I hope to inspire women, encourage brides and make each of you smile. I am always open to reader suggestions if you would like to pass along a topic or two.

Tips and Advice Page: This a new idea that I am working to finish. This page is going to be coming soon to the blog. It will hosts all of my DIY ideas, inspiration boards, Wedding Dress Wednesdays, recipes, bouquets, tips, music and reader answered questions. Each post will be categorized and easy for each planning bride to find. Think of it as your bridal handbook.

Advertising: This is a few months away but something I am looking into doing. With each new reader I hope to connect them with the perfect vendor. Ads will be affordable of course but more importantly effective. It will help professionals grow their business while helping brides find a vendor they are confident in using.

Videos: Of course I want to continue to show you my work. Even though I keep my thoughts on these pages this is my portfolio. With each new wedding, I will be showing you the sweet couple. Videos make me smile.

A few things I have learned from blogging...

1. Be yourself. People appreciate it more.

2. Throw others methods to the wind. Blog your way while being courteous to other bloggers, professionals and business friends.

3. Put your twist on things. Be original. Don't copy content.

4. For each not nice comment(s)/email(s) there are 25 other positive responses. It is a blog at the end of the day. Life is bigger than mean folks. I haven't had to deal with many but on that rare occasion I smile, grit my teeth and politely respond.

5. If you want others to read your blog, take the time to read theirs. Pretty simple policy.

6. Inspiration is everywhere.

7. Keep it up. I hope to never stop writing, blogging or researching new topics. It keeps me on my toes.

8. I have the best readers. You guys seriously know how to make a girl smile.

I dream big. At times it scares me but mostly it pushes me. Who knows where life will take us but I am confident I will enjoy the journey. I am excited to grow as a writer. I am blessed to continue booking weddings. But mostly I am grateful to have an audience that cares. Thank y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary!

    great pic!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. new to the blog and found this very inspiring. The blogging community is a wonderful one. I have been doing it for 3 years and I love looking back from when I started to now. I have "met" so many wonderful people along the way and it has kept me close to my family who live in another state. Love everything you had to say about blogging and it's all true. It does keep you on your toes. And it's nice to read other blogs and not expect them to read only yours. Have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing some wedding video. I just started doing wedding photography last summer and did a wedding video as well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.