March 21, 2012

Blogiversary Week: Checking Things Off


Are you guys enjoying Blogiversary week yet? Yeah, Lovebird Productions turns 1 on Saturday but this week we are celebrating! If I could pop a bottle of Champagne with y'all I would. We can do a virtual cheers! So far we have seen what it takes to keep this blog running each day and also watched a video of 20 questions. I have loved getting to share more about me and my life. Once this week is up I plan on getting back to bridal business of course.

Many of you remember this post here about my best friends engagement. This past weekend I traveled back to Jonesboro for a wedding (that may have topped all weddings). Each time I film a wedding in Jonesboro I get to have a sleepover with sweet Rachel. It is a highlight for me. We might have talked in bed and read magazines on Saturday night. Just maybe. It was a late night for me but Rachel stayed up to talk. Yeah, she is great.

Before I continue with this story I must share a side note. A while back I wrote this post that I read quite often about goals I want to complete by 30. I promise this little blurb will make sense in a minute. Back to the story...

We had made plans to do a little bit of wedding talk and browsing when I got to town on Friday afternoon. I got to her house and she said that she had a gift for me. I love presents so of course I was immediately excited. I opened my gift to find a tube of red lipstick. Rachel then asked me to be her maid of honor. We hugged and cried! I cannot believe I get to be her maid of honor! I am so excited!

The reason red lipstick is such a big deal is because of my 33 by 30 post I want to wear red lipstick to an event or party. Rachel bought me the red lips to wear at her wedding. Isn't she the sweetest? That is a true friend. I tried out the red lipstick yesterday. It definitely takes some getting use to. ha!


Hi. My name is Katie and I need a tan. Also with Rachel's wedding I am getting to check another thing of my before 30 list. I will be helping plan her big day. I am getting to put things together of course with the help of the bride. I am excited to be a maid of honor plus wedding planner all while wearing red lipstick.

Since I have been given these duties I may need to freshen up on these posts about being the maid of honor here, herehere, here and here. I am so excited and blessed! What do you guys think of the red lips?

4 comments:

  1. Aww Katie!!! So excited for ya'll!! And you look fabulous in red lipstick!! Cute pic at the top of the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! It is taking a bit of getting use to! lol

      I cannot wait to celebrate with you at the wedding :)

      Delete
  2. So amazing. And I LOVE the last pic. You look stunning. Thanks for sharing, hun. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Anna!! Seriously thank you for taking the time to comment! The red lips take a bit of getting use to! ha!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.