January 30, 2012

33 by 30

Photo Source: Daniel Holman Studios

Lately I have become more and more aware of my actions. For many years I thought life was what you woke up to. I couldn't have been more wrong. Life is truly what you make it. Just think about it. Are you satisfied with all you have? Have you tried to make a difference? God has a plan for my life but I cannot follow his path if I am not listening or working as hard as I can.

About a year ago I started a list (my favorite) of things that I wanted to do before I turned 30. Some of these things may seem silly while some may be a stretch. Some I have completed while others may take years. I also know that throughout life experiences this list may change but these are some of my hearts desires. I want to travel. I want to help others. I want to grow as a person. Every morning when I wake up what am I doing with my day? The best part about having a blog is I get to document each step. I pray that I bless you with this blog, my portfolio and my spirit. What are you doing to live life to the fullest? Let the list love begin!

1. Own a tube of bright red lipstick and wear it to a nice party or wedding.

2. Run a half marathon. More on that here and here.

3. Start my own business. You can read more about that here.

4. Continue to grow my small business.

5. Be a mother.

6. Own a minivan.

7. Attend Charleston Wine and Food Festival.

8. Rescue another puppy.

9. Learn to play my ukulele.

10. Own a home.

11. Travel to New York for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

12. Attend Bridal Week in New York.

13. Teach Rusty how to snow ski.

14. Spend one holiday serving others.

15. Own or Wear a pair of Louis Vuitton's for a special occasion.

16. Bungee Jump and/or Jump out of a Plane.

17. Take a spontaneous trip one weekend.

18. Drive the California Coast.

19. Be a published author.

20. Be an audience member for Live! with Kelly or Ellen.

21. Travel to Paris.

22. Spend one Christmas on vacation.

23. Celebrate our 5 year anniversary in Hawaii.

24. Be a wedding planner for one wedding.

25. Have one video featured on Style Me Pretty.

27. Move to a new state.  Texas it is. Read more on our adventures here.

28. Visit a Vineyard.

29. Teach an exercise class.

30. Sing in front of a live audience.

31. Be in a play. Small role or Lead role. Either works.

32. Meet John and Sherry from Young House Love. I adore them. I know we would be best friends.

33. Visit all 50 states.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.

3 comments:

  1. Look at you getting all ambitious! Can't wait to see you acheive all of these goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very inspiring to see a list like this! I also have my own but not as many as this, maybe I'll start creating now. And yeah, I think we should all have a literal list of everything that we want to do with our lives, to keep us on track and to make us more inspired with life. :) And how I love this line from you- "For many years I thought life was what you woke up to. I couldn't have been more wrong. Life is truly what you make it.". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list! If you haven't done #24 before my big day maybe I can help you out on crossing off that one, haha :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.