January 31, 2012

Recipe: Corn Dip

My name is Katie and I have a confession to make. I am obsessed with corn dip. That's right. I chose to publish a corn dip recipe versus a post about baby's breath. I told you that it was bad.

A few months back I filmed a wedding in Arkansas where one of the bridesmaids made a lunch spread for everyone to enjoy. I tried this corn dip and immediately asked for the recipe. I make it for all occasions. With that in mind I thought maybe readers would enjoy making this for their Super Bowl parties this weekend. My favorite types of recipes are ones that can be made a day or two in advance and still be yummy and fresh. I am the type of cook who just throws things into the bowl but I do have actual measurements to share. This recipe is adapted from here.



Here is what you need:

2 (11 oz.) cans of corn
1 (11 oz.) can of Mexi Corn
Green Onions
1/3 cup Miracle Whip and/or Mayo
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
Fritos

Directions:
1. Drain both cans of corn. I typically leave just a little juice in one of the cans. Dump both cans of corn into a large mixing bowl. You can go ahead and put it into the bowl you want to serve it in. It saves time on the clean up.
2. Chop the green onions.
3. Into the large mixing bowl dump and mix together the miracle whip, sour cream, green onions, cheese.
4. Refrigerate. You can serve it as but I like to refrigerate it for just a bit.
5. Get out the Fritos and enjoy!

Don't you love how simple this dish is? Drain, chop, dump and mix. This dip is always a hit! Other recipes add jalapeno peppers, lime juice, sugar, chili powder and salt and pepper.  Make it your own! Guess what one of my dishes at our Super Bowl party will be? Corn dip. How did you know? (wink)

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.