June 4, 2015

House Tour: Sunroom

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

The last time I shared our home I was pregnant. Well, news for you, I am not pregnant anymore and the house touring can commence.

One thing you don't see in homes in Arkansas very much are sunrooms. When we bought this house I knew I wanted my desk to be in the sunroom. When I was younger I ate breakfast and read the paper with my grandparents in the same sunroom (we bought their house). Now I blog there or journal or work and I love that the space has so much light. It is a true sunroom in that it is all windows. And no matter what I get to walk through it multiple times a day because it takes you to our bedroom.

Sunlight makes me happy. We didn't change much in this room but we did take down all the blinds, removed wallpaper and painted. The only changes I want to still make are to add more plants. My potted plant on obsession is growing. You are welcome Rusty.

Some of my favorite things in this room:

  • A wooden chair that has a starfish pillow on it that use to be in the wooden roller rink that R's great grandparents ran.
  • A wooden hutch that has been in my family for 60+ years.
  • Floral paintings that my best friend created as a wedding gift to R and I.
  • A typewriter that R and I found in the attic of our house amongst other treasures my grandfather has stored up there.

Alas, picture time of our sunroom. Also Skipper wanted photo credits because he totally assisted mommy.

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

house tour: sunroom // katiefarrin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.