July 25, 2014

It is Well...All of It.



It was a stormy night and I had just finished my supper. Rusty was out for a business dinner. I noticed that the wind was starting to act crazy so I quickly gathered up the pups for a last time potty break. I let them out only to be worried with the amount of wind. So I went outside to join them and I just stood there. Wind howling around me. My crepe myrtles blowing wildly. The puppies sniffing the air. Whistling wind. Leaves rustling. A very comforting thought came over me. It is well. All of it...

And this song came to mind.


I was introduced to this song a few weeks ago at church and have not stopped playing it since I heard it. I feel like it was written just for me. The message so simple but yet so hard for me to grasp.

Because you see...

Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can’t see

And this mountain that’s in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name 

Finances. It is well.
Becoming a first time mommy. It is well.
Remodeling a house. It is well.
Developing a kinder spirit. It is well.
Listening more. It is well.
Comparing myself. It is well.
Letting go of the old. It is well.
My marriage. It is well.
Friendships that are fading and those beginning. It is well.
Developing a ministry for women. It is well. 
The trials I haven't even faced. It is well.  
The joy that awaits me. It is well.

Every bit of it is accounted for and well. Life is hard but that is the beauty of it. Because we are well and our future is well. It is encouraging and uplifting and good. Don't worry my friend. It is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.