March 2, 2014

Baby Farrin, Happy News


I know, I cannot believe it. Rusty finally believes it now too. Don't get me wrong. He has seen my body changing and noticed a difference in me but hearing that heartbeat, he knows a real baby exists.

And hearing that heartbeat? Tears. Big crocodile, so sorry doctor I cannot turn it off tears. It was nothing short of a miracle.

I promise to share more of our story to baby but for now our first visit. We visited the doctor for the first time this week. Our doctor had delivered a baby that night (in the middle of the night/morning) and was overjoyed for us that we were pregnant. She is the best. I really believe we hit the doctor jackpot. 

We went into our room and patiently waited for the doctor. One thing about my husband that you should know is that he is the squeamish person when it comes to blood and pain and birth. He hasn't ever witnessed it but he couldn't even make it through The Business of Being Born. It entertains me. We joked that he may or may not be in the delivery room. I know he will but totally holding my hand and not witnessing the miracle of birth. I noticed a little tray with the centimeters dilated on a shelf in our room. I asked Rusty to pull it down. He kindly did then noticed what it was. He freaked out. Of course it calmed my nerves to laugh extremely hard. My poor husband. I am having fun with his queasiness level.

Our doctor came in and asked us what questions we had. I immediately asked about being a vegetarian and natural labor. Both posts that will come later. Then it was time for the heartbeat. That amazing, breathtaking heartbeat.

Our doctor then said, "That heartbeat sure is prominent for 10 weeks, 6 days. Let's go take a look at baby. I think there are two babies in there."

Rusty and I immediately exchanged a glance. The thing I haven't shared yet is a) Rusty's dad was a twin and b) my family has been telling me that their are two babies in my belly and not one. Of course as we make our way into the sonogram room, we tell our doctor. They did the ultrasound to reveal one healthy, right on track baby. It measured exactly how far along I thought I was. It was so neat to see our baby. Baby Bear Farrin was kicking up a storm and moving all around. It was breathtaking. Absolutely breathtaking and astonishing. 

I am so excited to finally share this exciting information. It is has been our secret for a few months now but feels so good to share! We are very happy about baby and so in awe. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about the journey! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.