September 30, 2013

October Goals


I cannot believe that I am typing October goals. One because I do not think I did to hot on September's goals but also because we are in the 10th month of the year. That is incredible!

I love this month. I think I could write it a love letter. This month is when weather starts to change. Leaves start to fall. People put pumpkins out on their porches. Kids play in leaf piles. All things good happen in October along with accomplishing things.

In case you missed last month's goals, I have them ready and waiting.
  • {Spend time traveling} 100%: I am wanting to slow this one down. We have had such a good time spending our weekends away but we are taking advantage of being home this weekend. I love Sunday naps.
  • {Celebrate more} 100%: This one has been fun. I actually spent the last day of September celebrating yearbook sales. Such a teacher thing but hey.
  • {Get more sleep} 100%: Ladies, I am hitting the hay as early as 8 a.m. While I may not go to sleep until 9 a.m.
  • {Feel okay with saying no} 75%: I am getting better. I am reapplying that simplicity thing.
With these goals, I am learning that less is more. Didn't I just mention that? I guess I cannot say it enough.

{Drink as many pumpkin spice lattes as possible} 
Not really but possibly. A sweet friend treated me to the pumpkin spice via packets that I can make my latte at home. I love them. Warm coffee in the morning is so lovely.

{Start a new book}
I am so excited about this one. I recently purchased 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess and have heard wonderful things about this book. I need a life changing read.

{Celebrate our wedding anniversary}
R and I are inching our ways towards three years of marriage. Is that possible? R is on call the week of our anniversary but we still are planning a nice dinner. Are we doing gifts? Good question. I have no idea. Ha!

{Make soup in the crock pot}
I hope this comes sooner in the month than later. 

{Remove wallpaper and paint our entry}
I shared a bit of good news that R and I are buying my childhood home. It is my grandparents home and I have some of the best memories here. Our home is all parts southern and sunny. We have a lot of work but we will get there. I am hoping to start my hand at DIY projects with a our entry way.

Goals are good for the soul. What do you have planned? Oh October, you are a beauty.

Image via Green Wedding Shoes by Othello Silla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.