October 24, 2012

DIY: Spray Paint Burlap Runner

This past Friday I had the honor of hosting my best friends bridal brunch. From the beginning, we wanted to have a tea party theme. We were thinking fun tea cups and old books and fancy hats. I hosted a shower a long time ago (more on that here and here) and knew that burlap was a must. The bride-to-be was using it throughout her wedding so incorporating it was an idea I wanted to go with plus I had bundles of it at home.

The wedding was in a smallish town with not many options for a venue. We were lucky to use the country club free of charge which is where all the events (i.e. rehearsal dinner and reception) were taking place. We didn't have a large budget so reusing old materials in a new way was a must. I cannot wait to share more photos of the party with you later but first I thought I would share this easy and lovely burlap runner.

{DIY: Spray Paint Burlap Runner}

Here is what you need:
  • Burlap - New or Old
  • Painters Tape
  • Spray Paint


1. Mark off the design that you want for your pattern. Make sure you firmly press down the painters tape. Tip: If tearing a piece of long tape in two for smaller strips, turn the tape to the outside edge for your straight line. This takes the need of scissors out of the equation plus trying to cut the perfect line with your tape.


2. Get the spray paint ready for action. I tried to make that sentence sound as exciting as ever. Friends, do not be intimated by spray paint. It is easy and fast and for the most part, inexpensive. Shake up the can and get crazy. Please ignore my white fingers. I had already tackled some pumpkins.


I should have been a hand model. Now for the runner in action. I seriously love the gold sparkle. This DIY was easy even for a non DIY queen like me.


 {Photos Property of Lovebird Productions}

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks and I cannot believe I thought of it :)

      Delete
  2. very cute - such a fresh way to incorporate burlap into any party - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am a sucker for burlap...any way I can get it :)

      Delete
  3. I like this ... I was considering doing this for a wedding I might be styling next year !

    Love Chrissi Holt

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.