June 12, 2012

Lovebird Spotting: Candace and Myron

I am beyond thrilled to share my July 8th couple with you. I first met Candace and Myron last September when this sweet couple approached my booth at the San Antonio Bridal Extravagnza. I was still very new to Texas and wedding videography. They were so kind and from the moment we started talking I knew this two were the perfect fit for me. About two weeks later, the papers were signed and I was an official vendor for their big day.



Candace and Myron are probably the sweetest people I have ever met. They are uplifting, tender hearted and special. I am so excited for their big day! Now for how these two met and fell in love:

1. Tell me how you two met.

Shockingly enough Myron and I met on Christian Mingle. I never would’ve though in a million years that I would meet the man that God designed with me in mind on an online website. My mom encouraged me to get on the site due to my tedious schedule as a 1st year school teacher by day and a grad school student by night. She knew I didn’t have much time to date so she suggested that I try out something different. I signed up for the 8 month membership and browsed different profiles in the first couple of months. When I didn’t find any one I was interested in I took a bit of a break from this online site. In January I got on the site and browsed through different profiles and saw Myron’s picture. I just loved his smile and when I read his profile I was intrigued on how he spoke about his son. I decided to be bold and sent him a “smile” in return of the smile his profile gave me when I looked at it. He responded immediately and sent a “smile” back. We began e-mailing each other on the site and ended up exchanging numbers. We texted each other non-stop 24/7.


2. How was your first date? What did you do?

Well it had been a week of Myron and I texting and we hadn’t spoken on the phone once. It was a Friday evening after work and Myron texted me stating that he knew it was probably soon but he would love to see me this evening. Excited and nervous I said sure and hurriedly rushed home to get ready. He wouldn’t disclose the location of our date but did tell me to wear comfortable shoes because we would be having some fun. I decided to wear a cute top, jeans and some nice boots. I arrived at his apartment and for the first time I had to call so he knew I made it there. He gave me the gate code, directions to his place and I waited in my car for about 30 seconds tops. He came out and sweetly greeted me with a handshake and hug. He opened the door for me and helped me in his Tahoe. He was very talkative so I could tell he was nervous but he asked tons of questions as he was trying to get to know me. We finally made it to our dating destination…….Dave & Busters. Did someone say FUN, FUN, FUN? As soon as we were seated I was impressed. Myron didn’t even touch his menu. He continued to ask questions about me and kept complete eye contact. He was such a gentleman at all times even when the waiter came to the table and he always ensured that I got what I needed. The conversation we had was great. There was a lot of learning about each other and much laughter. Next, the games began…literally. We played ski-ball, basketball, air hockey, and even had a blast in the fake roller coaster ride. I enjoyed his company so much. What a fun first date!!


(P.s. Dave and Buster's is huge in Texas. People love that place. I haven't been but hope to!)


3. What is your favorite memory as a couple?

My favorite memory as a couple was in celebration of my 25th birthday. Myron surprised me with a getaway trip to Dallas. He took me to Embassy Suites and as soon as we arrived he told me that we needed to walk to the second floor where the spa was located. I was treated to a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure and a tasty lunch with champagne. After my special treatment, Myron brought me back to the hotel room and it was decorated with fresh rose petals, balloons and an “I Love You” picture. We had a great time swimming at the hotel pool and hanging out on the balcony watching a free baseball game. This was truly a fond memory that we will always treasure together.


4. How did he propose? 

As a school teacher I have a lot of training to attend prior to the first day of school. August 17, 2011 was no different. Myron’s father and step mother were coming to meet my parents in San Antonio that evening. I got out of training late and was going to have to rush to my parents’ house. When talking with my mother she told me to wear a nice shirt but I told her I was too tired to do that. After quick contemplation I knew I didn’t want to disappoint my mom so I grabbed a nice shirt from my apartment and headed to San Antonio. When I arrived I changed my shirt and tried to relax before Myron’s parents came over. When Myron arrived he was dressed very nice, which was already his norm. Our parents introduced themselves and we sat and talked with each other, just getting acquainted. My mom began to talk about Myron and I and how blessed she felt about our relationship and how family is very important. In mid sentence Myron interrupted her and said, “I have an announcement to make.” I gave him an awkward glare because he cut off my mom and then I had no clue what the announcement was. Myron looked at me and said, “Candace I love you very much.” I told him that I love him too. During this time I noticed my mom sliding the video camera to Myron’s half brother and I began to freak out. I knew what was about to happen. Myron got up from the bar stool and got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. With much excitement I told him yes of course. Family members began hugging each other in bliss. August 17th was definitely a day to remember.

{Images: Clark Patterson}

5. Details about your wedding. Date, color scheme, theme, location… 

Our wedding will be taking place on July 8,2012. We are getting married at Granberry Hills on the Gardenside. Our colors are pool blue and silver. We don’t have a specific theme set for our wedding.

And lastly Candace's advice: 

Do as much as you can after you get engaged to alleviate stress of all the details involved. Get your fiancĂ© involved to help out. If he is ready and willing don’t deter him from that. If he’s not, remind him that it is both of you that are in the wedding and his involvement is important to you. Go to pre-marriage counseling. It helps you address any issues that at times are not brought up in your normal relationship routine. Pray together! There will be a lot of trials and tribulations that will come your way but prayer with your mate is very important. Last, but not least...enjoy the process, it can be tons of fun!

I told you they are great! I cannot wait to show you a few treats from their day. Happy Tuesday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.