August 2, 2011

The Night We Met...

I left you yesterday with the burning question of what was I going to wear to girls night? I know. You probably didn't care that much but I figure we can pick up where we left off. For those just reading today, I am sharing my love story. You can read yesterday's beginning to the story here.

Girls night was upon us and I was suppose to get ready and head to one of the RTV's (Radio/Television) girls apartments. I settled upon a messy bun, a borrowed shirt from one roommate and a borrowed scarf from the other. I did wear my own jeans though! Once we met up with the girls we took off to Brickhouse.

Did I mention going out is not my thing? It isn't. I like to stay in with a good book and get plenty of rest. Needless to say I was trying to enjoy myself. After two strange, strange men tried talking to me I was about ready to call it a night. The girls and I were having a good time but I was ready to retire to my comfy bed.

A guy who needed to be cut off five drinks ago walked up to our table and slid an empty table up next to us and said, "Hey Ladies!" That was it. I had enough and was over trying new things. I officially wanted to go home. A guy came over to me and started apologizing. He pulled his friend away and continued to apologize for how his friend was acting. I smiled and assured him we were fine. He smiled back. I can remember how handsome he was. I can remember thinking how nice he was. He sat down next to me and introduced himself. He was so genuine.

We started talking. We started at the beginning. We talked about college, tried to see if we had any mutual friends and shared interest. He told me he didn't like the whole fraternity/sorority scene. I told him I just got done with my presidency in Alpha Gam. We laughed so hard. He was a working man and I was finishing college. He asked to buy me a drink and we moved to our own table. Rusty had such charm. I remember laughing so hard and smiling so much that my smile hurt. He was a complete gentlemen but had some mystery. He was sexy - tall, dark and handsome. I officially didn't want to go home anymore. We talked for hours and it seemed like we were old friends catching up. Once the bar was closing (yeah I stayed up talking that late with Rusty), he politely asked for my number and I gladly gave it to him.

The weird thing was that it was so comfortable and we were complete strangers. I had been on a few first dates that it was hard to keep up conversation. Ours never struggled. Throughout college, I wasn't the girl that guys went after. I know that may sound ridiculous but I was always the third wheel. I was fine with that but for once someone was interested. Truly interested and it was a chance meeting. Rusty was taking a chance on me.

We parted ways smiling (have I mentioned how much I smiled?) and on the way home I got a text. I didn't have Rusty's number but the moment I read the text I started laughing. He cracked a joke about something we had talked about and just like that I was hooked.

I mentioned before that I dated a younger guy before Rusty. He never called, never texted and didn't make me feel special. In one night Rusty had surpassed my expectations. He was 3 1/2 years older so I didn't want to get my hopes up that he would treat me differently but he did. He was eager to talk and just minutes after leaving he sent a text. I was gushing! I went home that night and couldn't wait to tell my best friend. He was great and I was willing to try again. Now I needed to find out what Rusty's expectations were....

Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Love this story- even though I lived it. :) Also,never let me wear my hair like that again. Ever.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.