May 8, 2018

My Version Of The Purge


The purge is upon us! Lock your doors, stay inside, keep calm.

Totally kidding.

This purge is nothing like the scary movie. And if you have no idea what I am referencing, don't waste your time looking it up. It was my quirky way of starting this post. Because in relation to the movie (a purge of people one night out of the year - you fight for your life type thing), the purge I am talking about has some similarities. Some people, just some. Ha!

One to two times a year, I get this overwhelming desire to downsize all of our belongings. We tend to gather and store things we do not need and I am not really sure how it happens. But one day I wake up and exclaim why do we have all these things? Things we do not need or really when it comes down to it want.

So thus the purge. Over the next few weeks, I will be cleaning out closets and cabinets, donating items, rearranging, purging y'all. If you want to follow along, let's do it! A few things to know first...


Rules and Goals for the Purge:

No buying. While cleaning out and rearranging, there is to be no buying. No buying baskets, containers, nothing. I have to use what I have. Then after a few weeks if it feels the need is still there, I can reevaluate.

Grace. This always takes time and patience and diligence. So lots of grace. Hey, are you giving yourself grace too? In everything, let's find that grace.

A little at a time. This is going to take me time. I fully expect a two week process from start to finish. And that is okay. This is kind of going back to the grace thing too.

So friends do you clean out regularly? What are your tips?

Let's get rid of those things that don't bring joy or have purpose. And go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.