May 29, 2012

New Vendor: Ann Potter Baking

Happy Tuesday loves! I hope that you all enjoyed this holiday weekend! I spent it filming a wedding, sleeping (lots of it), a surprise trip to Dallas, attending our first Rangers game and a hotel stay. Rusty and I even enjoyed a very nice dinner Sunday night after the game. I even put on eyeshadow. If you know me or don't because I am going to tell you anyway, I love staying in hotels. I am also going to confess that I was asleep by 8:45 p.m. on Sunday evening. I know. I am exciting.

So you may recognize the name Sarah Eaton DeClerk from this post here, here, here and here. Yeah, she has been on the blog a lot. Not only was she the first bride brave enough to allow me to film her wedding, she is also a dear friend of mine. One meeting with Sarah and you realize just how special this lady is. She is witty, a Southern gem, comical and a girl who will be a good friend to you always. She is also one of the first people I told about my dream of LB Productions. She has always been encouraging me, commenting on blog posts, sending me sweet notes and pushing me to keep going in the hard times. She is such a forever friend. Sarah also has major baking talents. A baker since a young age, Sarah is following her dream of baking goodies and making brides, couples, friends and clients smile with her homemade treats. She is so creative! She makes cakes, cupcakes and cookies for weddings, birthdays, baby showers, holidays, football season & bachelorette parties. You name it, she can create it. Meet Sarah y'all!


1. Give us a little background about you and your family.

I am a newly married (one year on May 14th) lover of crafts, baking, and decorating. My husband, Brady, is the dream guy and he is the best best best roommate ever! Ha! :) I have one sister, Meghan, who is my best friend, my sounding board, and my number one fan. My parents are fabulous people that I learn from daily. I attribute my stubborn don't give up attitude to my father and my domestic goddess skills to my mother. Growing up in Vicksburg, MS (my Dad's job transferred the family there when I was in 3rd grade) taught me all about Southern charm- but moving back to Arkansas after college was a dream come true as I have always claimed the Natural State as home.


2. How did you get started with baking?

I started cooking at a very early age with my mother. We always baked together because baking is all about exact measurements and I love math- I might also have a slight OCD streak :). I have always been pretty decent at baking and realized, much to my dismay, that some people think it is tedious, boring, or just plain difficult. This was kind of my "in". My first batch of iced cookies were for a family Halloween and I've been doing them ever since.


3. What is your favorite part of your job? 

I am creative by nature so I absolutely love doing new designs and creating something unique for each individual order.


4. What do you hope to offer brides and other clients? 

I want to offer custom designed cookies, cakes, and cupcakes for my clients. I want them to be satisfied not only with how they look but also the way the taste and the quality. It seems that a lot of bakery products look better than they taste and I want my clients to be pleasantly surprised when they take that first bite.


5. Tell us a few things about yourself!
  • Random #1: Most people ask me "Where did Ann Potter come from??"- I chose Ann for my niece, (which is also my middle name) and Potter for my puppy Lily Potter. I have a mild obsession with Harry Potter so I named my golden retriever baby after Harry's mom. 
  • Random #2: I am one of those annoying do-it-yourselfer types that see something handmade and try to do it themselves. This is really how I started making iced cookies, and jewelry, and painted pillows, and curtains… Literally- I have wayyy too many hobbies!
  • Random #3: I have two blogs: A baking blog (Ann Potter Baking) and a personal blog (Sarah DeClerk). The reason behind this is my personal blog can be a little snarky and sometimes features choice language if you know what I mean. Because of this reason, I chose to have a separate business blog. 
How could you not love Sarah? Now that you know she is the perfect vendor here is how to contact her:
Please go and show Sarah some love. She really is a true talent and beyond kind. It is always refreshing to work with a vendor who loves what she does. It makes the process very enjoyable and memorable.

Now it is time for more goodies of cute cookies and cakes:














No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.