May 21, 2012

How to Take Perfect Wedding Pictures...Engagement Included


Happy Monday friends! Let's get this day started. Shall we? Now let me prep this post by saying I am NO expert on taking good pictures. I look bad in 97% of pictures taken of me posing or not posing. Regardless, I can offer a few tips for taking really pretty photos for your special moments.

1. Research what you want. This is so important. When I work with brides I always ask if there is something specific that they have in mind. Asking the bride can only help the bride love the outcome more. Brides, make sure you research ideas for both you engagement pictures and your wedding day. A shot list for your photographer that lists all shots you want and expect is a must for photographers. A good photographer is going to cover what is on your list regardless but making sure you are on the same page as your vendors is important.

2. Feel confident. Obviously on your wedding day you will look your best but it is important. Feeling confident with your outside appearance regardless of how superficial that sounds is important for looking great in your pictures. Whether that means you treat yourself to a new outfit or splurge on a mani and pedi, confidence in any picture is important.

3. Prepare for a camera in your face. Yeah, it happens pretty much all day but that is what a good photographer does. They work quietly and before you realize you have forgotten the camera. I promise you will enjoy it.


4. Relax but keep your posture. Sit up straight and smile. Do not tense your body. Be natural and happy!

5. Remember what all the fuss is for. These pictures document your happiest moments. Yes, times may be stressful with planning or rushing around on your wedding day but these pictures help you remember your overall goal of just get married. You will love having these pictures forever.

6. Have fun! This point seems to make it on to every list or advice post I give but it is so important. Smile and enjoy yourself. You only do this once! Be yourself and smile, smile, smile!

These easy suggestions will help ease tension and allow you to warm up to the camera. I love to look at peoples engagement pictures and wedding photos even if I do not know you. Send them to me! I would love to look at them. Weird but true! Have a great day friends!

Photo Source: The Parsons via Green Wedding Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.