April 13, 2012

Q & A: What Tasks Should I Give My Fiance With Wedding Planning?


Isn't that picture amazing? Don't you love the groom's bow tie? Can you believe that gorgeous smile on the bride? Is it seriously Friday already? Have I asked enough questions? I know. Annoying but I think I could dedicate a post to just how pretty that picture up above is. Style Me Pretty Texas is a regular every day thing with me. It has some of the prettiest inspiration and I like getting to see new vendors. This week has flown by really fast and I hope it feels that way with you too. Any exciting plans for this weekend? Mine consist of a working husband, coffee, the Farmer's Market, editing and hanging out with the fabulous Cris of Kiss My Tulle. Yeah, she is pretty flipping awesome.

Today's questions is one that I get asked a lot. I definitely didn't get asked this by my husband. You will understand in a minute.

Q. What tasks should I give my fiance when planning our wedding?

I have to be honest. My husband is pretty passive. He is very easy going and the only request he made during the planning process was if the groomsmen could wear Chuck Taylor's. Of course I agreed. Not only does it fit Rusty's style but it made for great pictures.

I have to say that each couple is different. My best advice is to sit down and discuss wedding planning once you start the process. Many times men do not know what all is involved with planning any event let alone your entire wedding. Go over the general tasks and ask him how much he would like to be involved. Some grooms will want to help out every step of the way while others just want to watch from the sideline. Make an agreement that works for both of you. If the thought of planning full time scares him, give him small tasks like picking music for the reception or cake testing is always a favorite.

Like I mentioned each couple is different but find what works best for you. Communication is key. It helps to establish roles and responsibilities with planning early on regardless of if you are getting help from your groom or your best friend. Find an agreement that fits!

Love Song Friday is right around the corner so check back here soon! Until then lovebirds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.