April 6, 2012

Love Song Friday, Volume 48

You know those moments in life where you just go Huh? What just happened? Well Rusty and I had one of those moments last night. Two months ago for Rusty's birthday I surprised him with tickets to see one of his favorite comedians, Daniel Tosh. I am not a big events type of girl but my husband loves Daniel. He was going to be in Austin which is only 40 minutes from our house. Opportunity time y'all! We were counting down the days and really excited!

Yesterday we left New Braunfels around 4 pm. This would give us 3 hours before the event started to get there, grab a quick bit to eat and park. Could we ever have been more wrong? We have never been to Austin. We have driven through Austin but never been downtown or seen any of the big sights. We got to Austin and then sat. in. traffic. We sat on the highway not moving for a while. It was 5:50 by the time we got to the restaurant. We were eating Pappasitos so we knew they would have us in and out in no time. Now looking back we probably should have grabbed Rusty fast food. I hate fast food but the name would have helped in our time crunch.

We were finished with dinner by 6:25 and the restaurant was about 5 miles from the event center. We got in the car and got about two miles then just sat. We sat in non moving traffic. I even tried to loop around and come in another way. We finally get to the end of the line of cars and thought this is where we are going to park. False. It was Valet Parking that cost $16 in cash. Guess what? We didn't have any cash. I know. Who doesn't take cash with them to an event? These folks here. The tickets had marked that there was public parking and we thought this line was for public parking. We got out of the line and started to look for the garages. At this point it was 7:15 and the show started at 7. There were a lot of people still filing into the event center so we kept hoping they would start the show late.

We finally got to the garage at 7:35. Now the fun part was walking to the show. We kept walking and walking and didn't even get close to getting to the event center until 7:45. I might have been bawling my eyes out at this point. Imagine me walking around the University of Texas campus sobbing and holding my hands up in the air asking why. Pretty, pretty picture. I don't like large crowds to begin with but the fact that I was late was awful. I wasn't crying about the show or not finding parking. I was crying because I felt like I let down my husband. I kept crying and apologizing. We decided to forgo the show and head home.

When we got home we Rusty hugged me and kissed me. He also tried to make light of the situation. Before we left Austin, I even called to see if there were tickets to the 9:30 show. I might have even begged for tickets. No luck!

With all this being said I figured out four things to help you recover from a bad day and since I came across this beautiful knowledge I knew I needed to share it with you in case you day ever goes wrong:

1. Cry. Just cry. Let it all out sister. I did. It wasn't pretty but I felt somewhat better. You know when people say what good does crying do? Ummm...a lot!

2. Read this article. It will make you laugh so hard and realize that smiling again is good.

3. Cuddle your Dog. If you do have a dog a cat my do but dogs are preferred.

4. Finish your night with Ryan Reynolds. I know everyone is on the Ryan Gosling train and I like him too but Ryan Reynolds is just darn perfect. We watched Definitely, Maybe.

And that was the day the music died... Well actually there are a lot worse things in life than missing an event you paid for. I cannot even think about the money lost. I know one day we will laugh. We did last night about 3 hours after we got home. Life is continuing but I hate feeling like I disappointed my husband. Rusty kept reassuring me that every thing was fine. He is such a sweet man but I still feel like I could have done something different. I guess we know for next time. Austin traffic = 1, Katie = 0. I am already glad that today is a new day!

This week...

Monday: Wedding Venue: Milltown Historic District
Tuesday: April Goals
Wednesday: Wedding Dress Wednesday
Thursday: Keeping that Spark

Love Song Friday it is! I found this fun clip the other day and wanted to share with you guys. Pure talent...


Now for the song of the week. I love this song and every time I hear it I smile real big and nice like. It isn't a love song but it is perfect for Friday and life. See you guys on Monday...


3 comments:

  1. adore this post, love. I hope you and your family had an amazing weekend. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been voting for you for the LC blogger contest! Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.