March 29, 2012

Spring Registry Must Haves: Outdoor Love

Nothing brings me more joy than writing this post. Well, at this moment at least. One of the biggest benefits of South Texas is the amazing weather. But Katie, isn't San Antonio really hot and dry? Why yes it is kind reader. It is a dry place but I love that. I can literally walk outside my front door and be 20 feet from a large cactus. How many people can say that? With living in South Texas it is very hot and come summer I may be hating myself for writing this post. Even with all the heat, I wouldn't trade our 97% sun shining days. An example of my South Texas love affair is this view from our home.


The past few weeks it has been dark and rainy off and on. I haven't even lived here for one year and rain already gets me down. Sunshine = happy Katie. Happy Katie = better blog writing. See how things work? Pretty easy system. I have posted before on how to conquer your wedding registry here plus posted on my favorite registry ideas here and here but today I wanted to talk a bit about fun Spring registry ideas. With all this weather talk I would like to point out that not only do I love a little sun on my skin but I love to grill outside. Well, scratch that. My husband grills while I watch and set the table. Sometimes I even get crazy and mix up a festive cocktail or a side dish. With all the things to register for from spatulas to bathroom towels I thought we could mix in a few patio treats too.

I am always excited when this time of year rolls around and I get to look at all the bright colors and neat finds for my outdoor space. We all need a nice patio to relax on and drink our coffee. No matter the size, these finds can make your space feel comfortable and the spot to entertain friends and family. I picked out a few traditional gifts to add to your list and a few unique ideas as well. I do love this time of year but I also love fall/winter because most of these things go on sale. I like love a good bargain. I also threw in a few cheaper finds with a mix of a few splurges.

Everyone needs a fabulous door mat for wiping your feet or for designing your whole patio around. Case in point is this lovely from Crate and Barrel for $19. You can snag your own here.


One thing that I cannot get enough of are lanterns. Whether they are paper lanterns, votives, candles or string lights, I love a soft glow on my patio. It really does set the mood for fun and a tad bit of romance. Once again Crate and Barrel has a pretty little number here for $20 smackers.

Photo Source: Orla Hurricane

I also looked at one of my favorite places West Elm. I will say this and yes I am totally bragging but we have a West Elm outlet about 20 minutes from our house. And by outlet, I mean reduced stuff that costs more in stores but cheaper here. Sometimes the things are in surplus or have a minor ding but if that means I can get the same thing that is online/in the magazine for 40 - 50% less I will take it. If you ever come visit me or San Antonio I can take you shopping. Cris at Kiss my Tulle and I know the best spots. It is a date. Wear your best high heels tennis shoes.

Back to West Elm please. When there website pops up you get to see this...


I will gladly take an outdoor tent room. Doesn't this just make you smile? Rustic charm at its finest. Really, you should go check out their website and all their goodies. I did also find a few registry must haves.

Every patio table needs a good set of zig zag placemats like these babies. At $5 a pop, we all deserve a set of them.

Photo Source: Zigzag Placemats

And every reader knows my love for nautical anything. This post is a good example of why I love nautical. You can understand my excitement to see these outdoor nautical themed dishes. Excitement times 10 plus they range from $4 to $6.


Like I mentioned these things are standard items to add to your outdoor section of your registry but I did find a few extra fun things that I wanted to add. These next few gifts are the icing on the outdoor party cake.


A perfect DIY to try...

Photo Source: Driftwood Birdhouse

And you cannot forget your compact portable grill...

Photo Source: BBQ Grill

Are you in the Spring, sun shine spirit? If you want I can throw a get together so we can relax on our cozy patio. You are all invited! What registry finds are a must for your outdoor living spaces? Want to add to my list? Let's celebrate the gorgeous weather and the fact that tomorrow is Friday. Cheers...at 10:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.