March 26, 2012

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

Monday people! A new day and a fresh start. How was your weekend? Was it full of fun and good weather? I have a true story to share with you all. My father-in-law works in San Antonio and lives in a hotel here. Since we are a few days into to Spring that means the temperatures are already reaching 85 degrees. One of the benefits of his hotel is the amazing pool area. It comes complete with a bar, pretty rock walls, a walk in pool and a hot tub. I spent yesterday and Saturday lounging by the pool not answering emails. Well, I did answer a few but they were taunting me. Potential brides are emailing about potential destination weddings. I am itching to travel to a new city and have a bit of new scenery.

How about I get back to the point of this story? I am a stickler when it comes to sunscreen. I hate wrinkles and skin cancer. It is such a sad disease and I have watched my sweet grandmother go through major surgeries. One look at the aftermath of her surgeries and any woman who say "H - No!" to laying in the tanning bed. I buy SPF 50 that is sweat proof and long lasting. I prefer to look young when I am older. Yesterday, it was hot and I applied sunscreen like a good girl. I laid under the sun and read for a bit. I reapplied sunscreen, took a dip and then actually moved under an umbrella to cool off a bit. I spent maybe an hour in the direct sun and in that time applied sunscreen twice. Texas is hot. We changed and went to dinner. At dinner I noticed that one of my legs was red but just on the side. I went into the restroom for further investigation and I burned. I was totally bummed. The oddest part of all of this is that I burned on my right side. Not just my right half, my side. The side of my leg is burned. The side of my arm is burned. Unfortunately this is not the only time that I have burned in odd shapes. I wish I had a picture to share of how it looks but who wants to see my red leg? Yeah, I didn't think so. How about a change of topic?

I recently declared that one of my dearest friends Rachel asked me to be her Maid/Matron of Honor. Isn't that gal crazy? One thing I love about Rachel is her attention to detail. I have probably spent close to $1,000 easily on bridesmaid dresses. I have loved every wedding and honestly every dress but I have not worn them ever again. Don't you love the saying, "And what I love most about this dress is you can cut if off and wear it again!" I have never done that. I haven't even worn the gowns that are already short other than the wedding. I am a guilty bride because the gowns my bridesmaids wore were long and red. Not your typically wear again type of gown. Rachel decided that she wants us to purchase a gown that we love and will wear again. We will be just like the not so matchy bridesmaids in this post.

I love the idea but I need help! Below are Rachel's colors that she told us to use when shopping for dresses. I love the peach and mint but may steer clear of the cream because it would be to bridal and I am not the bride this time!


Isn't her color selection so pretty? I really do think pretty is the best way to describe her palette. Please ignore the black ring around the peach circle. Not sure what is happening there. Since Rachel asked me to be apart of her big day I have been keeping my eye out for the perfect dress.

I figure I should start with my favorite dress first. It is gorgeous. It makes me go weak at the knees and would be a forever statement piece in my closet. It is so pretty but costs a pretty penny as well.

Photo Source: Antonio Melani

Photo Source: Tobi

 Photo Source: Forever 21

Photo Source: Forever 21

Photo Source: J Crew

I am loving these little mint numbers.

 Photo Source: J Crew

Photo Source: J Crew

I am having a hard time deciding. I feel that the cream/taupe colors are just to close to bridal gowns. I want something pastel and pretty. Can you guys offer any other dress store suggestions? Do you have a favorite on here? Let me know what you think. You guys can dress me! Wait, that sounded weird. You know what I mean friends. Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I love those one shoulder J Crew dresses! Especially the peach one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two one shoulder dresses would look GREAT on you. And both colors compliment your complexion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cris! You get the final say with these dresses since I am dragging you along with me :)

      Delete
  3. Love them all but especially the first and last! Great color choices!

    I am excited to be your newest blog follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the sweetest! :) I am not good with online shopping so I need to get to the stores now!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.