February 15, 2012

Wedding Dress Wednesday

Can you believe that it is already Wednesday? It seems like this week is flying by. I hope that everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day. We kept it pretty low key at our household. A nice candlelight dinner, a few mushy cards and then of course a game that made us laugh. I printed off a handful of questions to see exactly how well we know each other. We did really good and had a lot of fun too!

Here are a few questions that we answered:

1. When was the first time you cooked something for each other? We both answered with the same response. The first time we cooked for each other was after two weeks of dating. Rusty really cooked but I helped supervise while he made spaghetti and garlic bread. I remember that memory so well even my outfit. I remember Rusty rubbing my feet after dinner. It was the first time I thought that this isn't just an ordinary relationship.

2. When and to what song did you and your spouse first dance to? Rusty didn't know this one but I sure did. It was at one of my best friends wedding the first summer Rusty and I dated. We had just sent Summer and Chris off to their honeymoon week and I was a bit of a crying mess. We walked back into the reception venue and were the only ones who came back inside. It was Rusty and I plus my tears. He asked me to dance while Norah Jones Come Away With Me played. I still smile thinking about it.

And for a little bit of funnier questions:

3. Who takes longer to get dressed? Of course we both put me. Obviously.

4. Who holds the remote while watching TV? I put Rusty and he put me. We both got to state our case but the verdict is still undecided. During the week, yes, I do have shows but on the weekend Rusty is the boss.

It was so fun to answer these questions and reminisce over some of our favorite memories. We aren't big Valentines Day celebrators so we found the perfect balance of romance and laughter which is our style.

Yesterday I also had the afternoon off and ventured to our movie theater to watch The Vow. It was so good but hard to watch at times. I am not giving away any details, promise! What I did want to feature on this Wedding Dress Wednesday is Rachel McAdams wedding gown in the movie. I wish I could tell you just how awesome their ceremony is but I will save that surprise for when you see it. Email me then and we can gush about it! Let's take a look at her dress:

Photo Source: InStyle

It is a vintage veil and pink gown. What are your thoughts? I have to be honest. At first glance in the movie I was like Uhhhh? But then I started to notice just how happy she was to be getting married and it made the dress fit. It fit with the bride's personality and their quirky style. I have to say that sometimes the gown shape or length just doesn't matter but the smile of the brides face that makes all the difference. I love this gown and Rachel/Paige's style! It is fun, dainty and memorable.

What do you think about her style? Do you like the dress and veil? Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.