February 20, 2012

Brunch Date with Cris - Thank you TWIPS!

This past May I was able to join a bridal community for wedding bloggers, planners, photographers, videographers and other vendors. You can read all about that excitement here. Throughout my time in TWIPS, I have been blessed by women who are smart, strong, creative and business savvy. These women are such an encouragement and true mentors. My favorite part about this community is the relationships that I have built. Some of these women were strangers but now feel like friends.

Photo Source: Facebook

Yesterday I had the privilege of meeting one of these lovely ladies. For a few weeks now, Cris Stone of Kiss My Tulle and I have been exchanging emails and finally got to meet for brunch yesterday. We explained to our husbands how we were meeting someone off the Internet and joked about their concern. Cris and I realized that we both live in the Texas Hill Country and our homes are about 10 minutes apart!

We ventured into New Braunfels for a yummy brunch at Red Rooster. It was delicious and the conversation was even better. I think I could have sat and talked all day with her! Here is what I love about Cris:

1. She is witty. She tells it how it is and keeps you laughing.

2. She is beyond talented. The thing about blogging is it takes a lot of guts. You put yourself out there. You get praise. You get criticized but the real test of character is to keep going. Cris can write like no one's business. Her personality is in every post and she is not only blog savvy but very techy. She can design, market and produce HTML with the best of them.

3. She has such a sweet heart. As soon as she pulled into the driveway we hugged. I knew right then that I was going to have a great brunch date. I like to hug. Weird, I know. Cris shared stories about her life and the recent passing of her father. She is so brave and inspiring!

4. She let me ask 750 questions about Alaska. This one is self-explanatory. Would you still be smiling after 750 questions about where you grew up?

I cannot thank Cris enough for getting together with me and gabbing about blogs, wedding details and life! Make sure you go and check out her awesome blog, Kiss My Tulle. I promise she will keep you laughing and her blog will become an every day occurrence.

Before I go I wanted to thank the TWIPS community for building friendships, connecting wedding pros and for encouraging women to be strong and passionate about what they do. Happy Monday friends!

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome post Katie! I can't believe you and Cris live so close to each other. That's awesome! I wish I lived in Texas too! Maybe one of these days we will get a legit TWIPS get together and we will all finally be able to meet in person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, glad you ladies had a fun brunch ~ sounds like it'll be the start of many :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.