July 8, 2015

Ode to Seaside and Vacation

When I was little my grandparents took me twice a year to the gulf. We vacationed at the Grand right outside of Mobile where the houses are purple and turquoise. It is one of my favorite childhood memories. I still think back on that time with gratitude.

Imagine my surprise when last year when a friend mentioned Seaside, FL to R and I and it met the criteria of little beach homes and brick paved streets. We looked into it and decided before Skipper was born to go. We fell in love with the town and let's be honest plan to make it a go to regularly. I guess I talked about it so much that my family wanted to see it for themselves. We planned a return trip and it was heaven.

We hit our favorite spots this go around and threw in some new places too.

We went to the Shrimp Shack for the first time and revisited the best pizza E V E R at Bud and Alley's Pizza Bar. It is so good. Insert pizza, fresh salad and wine. See? Didn't reading that just make you happy? Of course there was a visit to Dawson's Yogurt for sea salt caramel soft serve and frozen mocha's every morning at Amavida. Also Amavida's chocolate croissants will change your life. Think I am kidding? Nope. Chocolate and flaky crust.

Yes, we did other things than just eat although that is an obvious highlight. We spent the days on the beach watching kids play and nap in the beach chairs. Payton and I tried paddle boarding one day. Not an easy feat when the waves are huge. But hey, I marked it off my to try list.

Seaside, you sure are pretty! More on our last trip here in case you want to see more.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.