February 23, 2012

New Wedding Shower Trends


Notice anything different? Yeah, I got a new blog design and it is fabulous! I am so in love with it! I thought I would take a minute to show you a few new features of the blog. First the top menu has more selections but still very simple navigation. I will soon be bringing you an archive page (tips & advice) that will allow each reader to find the specific post they are looking for. In the next few months I hope to start advertising on the blog. Don't let that scare you off. I just want to have professionals that I know and trust with an ad on the site. This will help each bride find vendors, blogs and websites that will further help with wedding planning. Also make sure to become a follower here ---------->

I was going to wait until my blogiversary week to reveal the new look but now you understand why I couldn't. I cannot thank Poxxie Blog Design enough! She is truly talented y'all and a load of fun. I will be doing a feature post on her soon so you can get to know the fabulous Kendra. Now on to today's post...

If you have read this blog before you know how much I love to host a good party. From creating the invitation to arranging the dessert table, I love putting together details that make each party perfect. With the Spring wedding season quickly approaching and wedding showers around the corner, I started reading a few articles on wedding showers. The articles are showing new trends that I am loving.

1. New locations. A majority of the wedding showers I have attended or hosted have been at houses. I love the feel of a home shower. They are always cozy, relaxing and comfortable. I do have to say that I am glad showers are branching out of houses and traveling to new locations. Wedding showers are being hosted in restaurants, hotels, country clubs and poolside. Some showers are even becoming destination wedding showers. Imagine loading up the car with your best girlfriends and driving to your favorite city for a weekend getaway. My bachelorette party also served as my lingerie shower. I loved hanging out with my friends, sipping fruity cocktails and soaking up the sun in Nashville. More on my last single hoorah here.

2. Couple showers. I absolutely love this idea! I think getting your closest couple friends together to celebrate is always a guaranteed good time. If hosting the event you could have dinner at your home then venture out to listen to your favorite band. You could also try a good old fashioned hot dog and marshmallow roast to celebrate the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Get creative with your ideas and enjoy the laughter and love with your best friends.

3. Bringing in a professional. Ever thought about hosting a shower where everyone learns to cook? I know. I love the idea too! Hiring a professional allows for the guests to learn while having a lot of fun! If you have a shower coming up take the ladies to paint pottery and gift the finished items to the bride. A few other ideas could be trying a dance class, taking a painting course, belly dancing, horse back riding or a spa day at home. When picking a expert make sure you keep the brides interest in mind. I am already looking up cooking classes for friends to enjoy!

When it comes to showers be creative. Play a new game, find a new location or gift a unique treasure. Keep the bride surprised and smiling! I just want to thank you guys for stopping by and for being a part of Lovebird Productions. I am so happy to have you!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the beautiful new blog design! It looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! It feels good to have a new look :)

      Delete
  2. The blog looks amazing!! Love it!!! Great post too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind Colleen! I love it too! I appreciate your sweet words :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.