April 9, 2011

Location Arkansas

Picking your location is probably the biggest decision when it comes to planning your wedding.  The location sets the theme, date and number of guests.  When I was looking for places to have my wedding I decided what I couldn't live without, being outside and by a lake.  What are the things that you want at your wedding venue?  Once you have narrowed down your criteria, start looking.  I always thought that I would go out of state to get married, whether it was by the ocean or at a tropical resort but the great state of Arkansas floored me.  Did you realize how beautiful our state is?  Yes, people make fun of Arkansas for their toothless inhabitants but it is so much more than that!  Arkansas has everything to offer for your perfect wedding location.  Just look at the possibilities:


Check out Marlsgate plantation.  It is the epitome of southern charm and true character.  I actually toured Marlsgate when planning my wedding.  David and his staff were fabulous.  We got to tour the grounds, received a personal quote for our wedding and we even got to meet his sweet puppies.  The joy of Marlsgate is they are your wedding planner.  They do it all!  They take care of your flowers, appetizers, find your band, decorate and clean it all up.  You name it, they take care of it.  It is such a beautiful, historic landmark that every bride loves!

Photo Source: Marlsgate

In the next month, we will be traveling to Fayetteville to experience Pratt Place Inn and Barn.  I am so excited!  We got invited to a wedding here before but had to decline for another wedding.  This time I get to see this place in all of its glory.  Pratt Place Inn and Barn are iconic in Northwest Arkansas.  It is just minutes from downtown Fayetteville and the University of Arkansas.  It features a romantic cottage, stunning horse barn turned wedding venue and a southern style inn.  The barn can hold up to 350 guests!  I am going to be like a kid in a candy store!


Lastly, I am going to show you the gorgeous and extremely affordable location where we got married.  My mom mentioned Lake DeGray State Park and Resort, loaded me up and showed me the possibilities with Lake DeGray.  Wow!  It is so beautiful.  Their staff was excellent.  They have event planners who know their stuff.  Linda was so kind and lead us in the right direction.  One day she took four or five hours and answered ALL of our questions and showed us where everything would go.  I loved this place because our friends and family were all at the same resort and spent the whole weekend together.  How often do you get to do that these days?  You can swim, fish, visit the spa, shop, hike and go to the park.  It was perfect for all ages and check out how stunning it was:

Photo source:  Ronin Studio Photography

To search more locations in Arkansas just click here. Take advantage of a state that offers beautiful scenery and stunning venues at affordable prices!  I heart Arkansas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.