April 4, 2011

Ladder Decor

Happy Monday!

This past weekend I hosted a shower for some sweet friends on mine.  I previewed a cute project we had done for the shower here.  Check out these sneak peek pictures:



And here is the final result:


Us girls were so pleased with the end result and so was the happy couple.  The shower took place on our back deck.  I originally had bought the twine and photos to hang on the insert of our chimney on our back deck but we placed the ladder in entry way and started decorating.  Every guest came through the front door and was greeted with this.  I used photos, paper cut outs (I keep card stock on file) and their invitation.  Another hostess hung the tool belt and placed tools on the steps of the ladder.  Cute! 

I suggest using this simple crafts project for any occasion:  holidays, your office, child's room, wedding shower or wedding decor.  It was inexpensive and so cute.  You can also decorate the clothes pins with scrapbook paper to make it better suite your style.

Total cost of project breaks down to this:
1.  Clothes pins - Free (We already had these at home.)
2.  Photos - $5.50 for all those photos including the three larger 5x7's.  We also used one of the 5x7's to be placed in a frame for guests to sign for the couple.  Sarah (the sweet bride) also got to keep all the photos as keepsakes.  I ordered all the photos online at Walmart and picked them up later.
3.  Twine - $5.00 - I picked up the twine in the arts and crafts section at Walmart while picking up groceries for the shower.
4.  Ladder - Free (This little beauty was provided by another hostess.)
Total: $10.50

This was my first experience hosting a wedding shower and boy did I learn a lot.  All of those lessons might result in a separate post.  The shower was so much fun and it was great getting our dear friends together!

I hope each of you are inspired to create something new and fun!  If you do, share it with me.

P.s. - Just in case you missed it, I served these yummy baked beans at the shower.  More information on this honey do shower to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let's encourage one another.